Sunday, March 5, 2017

Two Races in the Books

Photo: NASCAR.com
I've finally got some time to myself so I'll go ahead and put in a blog post now.

Ford is now 2-for-2 on the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series season, with Kurt Busch and Brad Keselowski earning victories at Daytona and Atlanta respectively. Kyle Larson could easily have won both of these races, but a lack of gas and a puzzling decision to run the high line have taken both potential race victories away from the Chip Ganassi driver.

I can also give an honest opinion of the stage format now that I've seen it at a non-plate track: it's not bad, certainly not as bad as I originally thought it might be. My only concern is that it turned the Daytona races into bigger wreckfests than they already are, but other than that, the racing isn't too different from past season. (I also wish they wouldn't throw the caution once the stage ends, but beggars can't be choosers.)

On another note, hold the phone on Atlanta's repave. It may not happen after all. Apparently the drivers like the track as is, so the project is going to be reconsidered. The track could certainly use one though...

No comments:

Post a Comment